The Wisconsin Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Program is funded by the Maternal Child Health Title V Block Grant. For more information about the Maternal Child Health Bureau go to: www.mchb.hrsa.gov/ The CYSHCN Program is located in the Department of Health and Family Services, Division of Public Health, Bureau of Family and Community Health. The philosophy and principles of this Program are:
- Children are best served within their families.
- Children and families are best supported within the context of their community.
- Families will have convenient access to care coordination.
- Collaboration is the best way to provide comprehensive services.
- Family perspectives and presence must be included in all aspects of the system.