If you have questions about health benefits/insurance, please contact the regional center at 800-532-3321, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the following resource websites:
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a law that helps people without health insurance through their employer purchase coverage.
- BadgerCarePlus is income-based health insurance available through the State of Wisconsin.
- Katie Beckett Program is a special eligibility process that allows certain children with long-term disabilities, mental illness, or complex medical needs, living at home with their families, to obtain a Wisconsin Forward Health Medicaid card.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Is a federal income supplement program, which allows eligible children with long-term disabilities, mental illnesses or complex medical needs to obtain a Wisconsin ForwardHealth Medicaid card and supplemental income.
- Medicaid and Non-Emergency Medical Transportation: If you have Medicaid coverage, which includes BadgerCare, and you need a ride to a Medicaid approved appointment you can receive free transportation or you can be reimbursed if using your own vehicle.
- ABC for Health is a Wisconsin-based nonprofit public-interest law firm dedicated to ensuring health care access for children and families, particularly those with special needs or who are at risk.