Parents often identify a lack of information about resources as one of the greatest barriers to care giving. For families and many professionals, finding resources is often like navigating a complicated maze with no clear set of directions.
Families and professionals may call the “Southern Regional Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs” and talk with staff one on one about specific questions or concerns.
Within this learning section you will find information about regional and statewide conferences, evidence based interventions for ASD, and where to find information about specific conditions and disabilities, health, education and other services.
- Autism Society of Wisconsin – some local chapters offer workshops/events: www.asw4autism.org
- Family Voices of Wisconsin – “Did You Know? Now You Know!”: www.fvofwi.org
- The ARC: www.arc-wisconsin.org
- Western Wisconsin Autism Advocacy & Consulting Center: www.wwaacc.org
- WI Family Ties: www.wifamilyties.org
- WI Family Assistance Center for Education Training and Support (FACETS): www.wifacets.org
- WI Statewide Parent Educator Initiative (WSPEI) trainings: http://wspei.org
Also check with your local disability-specific groups, school districts, public health departments, or community organizations.